With the summer months in full s w i n g, these hot days can be a real doozy. What better way to cool off with everyone’s favorite summer treat: homemade ice cream! I know what you’re thinking…sounds great, but who has the time?! When the recipe is this simple, the answer is “everyone”! With only 3 ingredients and no churn required, you’ll have everyone screaming for ice cream this season!
- 1 lb strawberries, fresh or thawed frozen
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
Let’s get to it!
- Mash strawberries in a bowl using fork or mixer and set aside. If using frozen strawberries, drain juice off once thawed before mashing.
- In a large bowl or stand-mixer, add whipping cream and condensed milk.
- Whip the liquid mixture on high until peaks form. To avoid splatter, begin slow and gradually increase speed. Be careful not to “over mix”.
- Add mashed strawberries into the mixture and gently fold through until combined. If you’d like a brighter pink ice cream, add a few drops of red food coloring for a “pop”!
- Pour whipped mixture into freezer-safe container. (I used a Pyrex.) Top with sliced strawberries, if you’re feeling fancy! Cover and freeze for 4-5 hours.
Voila! Now, wasn’t that easy? I hope you enjoyed this simple recipe and will give it a whirl yourself. Is there another recipe you’d like to see? Drop it in the comments below!
Until next time,
Stay stylish and enjoy the hunt!
xo – H